Ask Hytrol is our monthly video series focused on specific topics to help you maintain your conveyor system and learn about new technology. In this video, you will learn how to tighten the drive chain tension on your conveyor.
Steps for tightening the drive chain tension:
1. Once the power to the conveyor has been turned off and locked out, remove the chain guard.
2. Start by loosening the two bolts located on the motor base on each side of the conveyor.
3. Loosen the nut that holds the jackbolt in place.
4. Once this is done, tighten the jackbolt until there is a 1/4 inch of play in the center of the chain. Then, repeat the exact same adjustment on the opposite side of the conveyor in order to keep the sprockets aligned.
5. Next, taking a straight edge, make sure the sprockets are in line with one another and then lock the jackbolt back in place.
For more maintenance tips and information, please contact your Hytrol solutions provider.
Like this video? Be sure to check out our extensive library on HytrolTV!
The Hytrol Experience Blog is an leading source of information for manufacturers, material handling professionals, and more. Covering everything from throughput in distribution centers to conveyor maintenance tips, we aim to be your go-to for everything in the industry.