Hytrol How-To: Tighten Drive Chain Tension
In this Hytrol How-To, you will learn how to tighten the drive chain tension on your conveyor.
Steps for tightening the drive chain tension:
1. Once the power to the conveyor has been turned off and locked out, remove the chain guard.
2. Start by loosening the two bolts located on the motor base on each side of the conveyor.
3. Loosen the nut that holds the jackbolt in place.
4. Once this is done, tighten the jackbolt until there is a 1/4 inch of play in the center of the chain. Then, repeat the exact same adjustment on the opposite side of the conveyor in order to keep the sprockets aligned.
5. Next, taking a straight edge, make sure the sprockets are in line with one another and then lock the jackbolt back in place.
For more maintenance tips and information, please contact your Hytrol solutions provider.