Editor’s Note: The Employee Spotlights are monthly blog posts highlighting one of Hytrol’s employees presented in a Q&A style format. We want to showcase how Hytrol’s company culture is fueled by our great employees. If you would like to nominate a Hytrol employee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Employee Spotlight.”
About Tony Sartin
I grew up in Jonesboro, Ark. but lived the past seven years in Rossville, Tenn. with my wife, Paula and our three boys, Drew, Jacob and Mason. I’ve been working at Hytrol for 30 years. When I’m not at my desk, I try to keep myself busy with projects around the house. I love watching college football with my family.
What excites you about working for Hytrol?
We are so very blessed to have the opportunity to work for such a great company. Tom Loberg has allowed us to be a part of carrying on his legacy. It is very rare to find a company so focused on taking care of the employees. Hytrol has always been known as “Family” and what better way to spend your day than working with your family? It’s always full of challenges and opportunities.
What are your current responsibilities?
- Building a customer focused team dedicated to building relationships.
- Listen to our customers’ needs in order to find solutions that meet their expectations and add value to their businesses.
- Strive to build “Customers for Life” with our teamwork and continuous improvement.
- World-class service based on reliability, flexibility and responsiveness help us deliver innovative conveyor solutions to our customers.
- Streamline our standard order entry team to be as efficient, error free and cost effective.
- Coach, promote and instill Power Lean throughout our company.
What do you love about your job?
The opportunity to make a difference! I enjoy working with people to help find a solution and to eliminate stress, as well as coaching and building strong relationships.
What do you find most challenging in your position?
- Making changes to improve processes.
- Helping to spread the importance of providing that excellent customer experience throughout our company – Internally and externally.
- The importance of building relationships with Integrator Partners. We are vastly growing in numbers of new family members. It is our duty for us help the next generation understand Tom Loberg’s legacy.
Complete this statement: When I think of Hytrol, I think of family.
There are three generations of Sartins working here at Hytrol. Mother/Son/Grandson . Hytrol has been part of my life at a very young age. I started here at the age of 19 and it has helped me grow as a person in so many ways. As I look back through the years, there has been key friendships and leaders that helped me through some tough life situations. I hope and pray that I am paying it forward through my journey here at Hytrol.
What goals do you hope to achieve at Hytrol?
- Build strong teams that make a difference and focus on building relationships for life.
- Help to continue to communicate and continue to transform our company to provide that excellent customer experience throughout our company and our Integrator Partner Family.